Saturday, June 28, 2008

Understanding the Cats

It makes sense to me that the kitties might be behaving a little strangely today, after having a puppy visit last evening, even if only for an hour and a half or so...But, it is also interesting to see what is going on.



Really, not much different, until I sat on the sofa, late morning. Sake wanted to join me, but her sniffings of the area where the Puppy sat told me she was not too pleased, and a little curious. Late morning, she asked to go out, and I put her in her pen. It was hot, but not oppressively so. After I finished the project I was doing, I decided to sit outside with her, delaying my next inside projects until the baseball game came on. She wanted inside after about 45 minutes. Later, when I was at the table, she sat there with me. She was in my way, so I moved to the sofa, and she came there to sit by my side, and out of my way. She has increasingly wanted to lay on the arm of the sofa, and have me touching her, if not petting her. She did the same today, reaching out with her paw to get my attention, when I was not touching her.



Haiku was asleep in the office when I walked in to tend to something. She woke up, calling to me, and we had a good brief visit that included some tummy rubs. Then, after she woke up, she came into the living room, and climbed on the sofa back. She started licking my hair and ear.. I don't know why, but she has done this before... Something she likes, I guess.



Sake and Haiku have been very particular about when they will and will not be together in the same area. Being on the bed together briefly, in an effort to waken me in the morning, had been the only "together" activity I saw for the longest time. They rarely eat together, although one will sit near the food, watching the other eat, and not approach till the other is done. Typically, Haiku is the watcher.



When I started opening windows, both girls found perches on the all too narrow window sills. And, they discovered that they can both sit on the sofa back: Haiku in the area behind where I typically sit, Sake on the other end of the sofa... Well, good for the windows...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home