Thursday, April 07, 2011

Reading Crescendo

I have mentioned more than once that I am a mystery book reader.  I have noticed an interesting phenomenon to my reading habit in the last year or two.  There are many mystery books that I really do not care about, but this also applies to the books that I am really enjoying:

As I get closer to the end, and the pieces are coming together, and the mystery is being solved, I find myself wanting to read faster and faster, and more and more, until I finish the book.

This is a bit of a change for me. Maybe it is the type of book I am reading, but there was a time in my past that I really enjoyed savoring a book, and spending time with the characters and plot, without being in a hurry to finish the book.

I am not sure when this change occurred, or why.  Have you had either experience with books.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home