Wednesday, May 04, 2011

How Late is Too Late?

The Angels and Red Sox baseball game was scheduled to be on ESPN television tonight.  I had a meeting I wanted to attend, but turned the game on when I returned home.  Except, I saw "bonus coverage" including part of the Yankee vs. Tigers game.  A couple of times during the telecast, the announcers talked about the Red Sox vs. Angels rain delay, and the game was in the top of the 5th inning.

The game was scheduled to start a little after 7 PM Eastern Daylight Time.  It is now almost 11 PM Eastern Daylight Time, and they are getting ready to resume the game. There are a few fans left in the ball park. 

I understand why they want to restart the game.  It will not take much more to make the game a complete game, even if there is another rain delay afterwards.  Completing the game means that it will not have to be rescheduled, which chore sometimes is very difficult. My question is, how late is too late to restart a baseball game?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home