Monday, July 21, 2008

Faux Mice and the Bitch Kitty

Recently, a friend of mine told be about seeing a news item on TV about "The Feline Frolic." http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=8651439&nav=CcXHb2lk. It is a cat toy, and it works.



It was reasonably priced at Linens N' Things, so I decided to purchase one.... I have two cats, but thought one would be adequate, and hoped they would play nice in the sand box with the toy....



Well, was I wrong: the bitch kitty, Sake, immediately took possession of the toy, and hurt Haiku's feelings with her possessiveness... I trucked back to Linens N' Things the next day to get a second Feline Frolic...



Well the toy comes with a "faux mouse" that wobbles around above the main unit... The girls played with them late into Sunday night, but other times ignored them.



Monday evening, after work, I was planning to go out. The bitch kitty was beside herself about something, and I did not understand. Until I looked at both units: the faux mice were torn off... Haiku has a habit of chewing through string, or yarn, and I suspect de-mobilized both mice in that way... One "faux mouse" was "no mas a mouse" and not to be found. I re-attached the other faux mouse, and spent a few minutes trying substitute faux mouse on the second unit. By the time I came up with something that was not too heavy for the hanging arm, the first faux mouse was detached again...



No wonder the bitch kitty was upset...



Well, after my evening excursion, I returned home and turned on the Feline Frolics again. The faux mouse remained in tact...so far so good...'



The bitch kitty has been affectionate, so I am rewarded for my good works...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home