Tuesday, February 09, 2010

The Nervous Cat

I write about my cats, when I blog...Last night, I spent the evening in my "office" which upsets Sake...She prefers to sit in the living room, but Haiku will sit in the "office."  Today, Sake was very nervous while I was getting ready for work. She wanted attention she did not get because I was not in the living room.  Last night, she and I both heard cats outside and she was very nervous about the noise. 


Tonight when I got home from work, Sake was very skittish... She wanted out back, it was too cold, and too grey...She wanted out front, it was too cold and too grey...She heard noise out front, it was the neighbors moving appliances...She skittered here, she skittered there.


Sake settled down after a while... She did not want to sit close, just in the same room...


Haiku, on the other hand, wanted to sit close... She is on the sofa next to me...She was plaintive and insistent that she wanted her dinner when I walked in tonight...She ate well, which is unusual for a picky eater which she is...


For Haiku, I think the continued cold makes her appetite better.... For Sake, she gets restless: she wants to be outside when I get home from work. But she dislikes the cold, the grey, the wet, the mist... And, if it is not suitable in the back yard, she wants to go out in the front yard.  And if the conditions in the front yard are no better than the back yard, she hisses at me, and attacks Haiku...


So, Sake was the nervous cat tonight.  But she settled down.  And Haiku, generally mellow, is mellow tonight..... my joy to have both cats nestled in....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home