Sunday, November 02, 2008

Cat Concepts

I forgot to set the clocks back before I went to bed last night, but I am not sure that it would have made much of a difference. Somehow, quite uncannily, one or both of my cats insist almost every morning, that I get up before the alarm goes off. I do not understand this, but they do. Sometimes, I tell them to go away, and come back at such and such time, or to come back in 15 minutes. Usually they return quite accurately close to the time I instructed them to return. I mean, within minutes if not on the button. Rarely, do they go away and leave me alone. Yet, if I am not feeling well, and really do need extra sleep, I am permitted to sleep. I do not understand.

So, of course, the most insistent of the two cats wanted me to wake up this morning, about 5:25 AM, which, with the time change was really 4:25 AM. I promised to get up at 6, and sure enough, at 6, she was back. Sometimes, I do not keep my promise, but I was wide awake and ready to meet my day, so, up I got. And, after feeding breakfast that neither cat was in a hurry to eat, doing all the "cat chores," I eagerly opened the newspaper to read the story about the FANTASTIC Texas Tech victory over Texas yesterday. And, on the first page of the newspaper, along with THAT headline, was the reminder to set back your clocks. So, I did.

Well, the point is, I do not think it would have mattered if I had set my clocks back or not. My cats are on their own schedule, and do adjust, over time, with the time change, but by my changed behaviors, not by the time change. I do not think my cats understand the concept of time change. Sometimes, I think life would be easier if I only had to live by the concepts my cats could understand.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home