Saturday, March 06, 2010

Heritage Fiber Guild

I went to a meeting of the Heritage Fiber Guild http://www.heritagefiberguild.org/ today.  It has only been organized for about 3 years, and it is for people who do fiber arts (knit, crochet, papermaking, weaving, spinning, dying, basket weaving, etc.)  The meeting today was a demonstration of fusable plastics that can be used to make things (fusing plastic bags and recylcing them.)  It was really fascinating.

I was in a room full of people who brought their "project bags."  Not knowing what to expect, my bag only brought the suggested supplies for the project.  I had thought to bring my knitting, and should have.  You don't know how good that felt...

I listened to people (father and son were present as well as the women in the group) about dyes, textures, staple, wool type, drape, it was like I walked into a room of people who talked about things I care about... (And did not know it.)

I am going to the next meeting, on basket weaving... I ordered a kit.  I am really, really excited about that....

And, I plan to join this group next fall....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home