Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's Not the Heat, It's the Humidity

When I moved to Texas in 1977, I was amazed at how hot it could be, and how the lack of humidity influenced the way the heat felt... I did not suffer from the heat, and a lot of that was due to the low humidity.

Well, this is true, it is not the heat (only) it is the moderating effects of the humidity.

As I have aged, the heat has taken its toll on me... Sometimes to the point where I am almost ill.  I am carefull (phobicly so, maybe) about the heat and humidity. But I can manage the heat if there is shade, breeze, and low humidity.

We have had very many days of rain, now followed by hot days with humidity: is it atmospheric humidity, or humidity from moisture evaporating from the rain soaked ground?  I do not know... But the humidity makes the heat oppressive...

So, I wimped out tonight, and stayed inside to avoid the heat and the humidity...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home