Monday, April 11, 2011

You Can't Judge a Book By it Cover

This spring, I signed up for a class at the Lubbock Lake Landmark http://www.depts.ttu.edu/museumttu/lll/.  The second session was about preserving your keepsakes. I almost did not attend. I am not a scrapbook person, and I do not keep a lot of stuff from when I travel.

And, I am now a board member for a local non-profit charitable organization.   The monthly board meeting conflicted with the class I paid for. I was torn. I was assured it would be acceptable to miss a board meeting.

I went to the class. It was very interesting.  The discussion included the elements that destroy or deteriorate keepsakes and mementos, and how to preserve these things. It included what kinds of things are available to preserve keepsakes. 

I am not a keepsake preserver. But the information in this class was really interesting. 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home