Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I Love My Back Yard

Years ago, when I lived in this house with Mack, I used to say that I loved to hear the grass grow... Mack and I would sit in the back yard and enjoy the quiet calm of the night... So many nights... I recall, one night, when the power went off. Mack and I sat in the back yard, just waiting for the power company to restore service....

Mack is still in my back yard, and now, Sake spends some time there, too. She is more particular about her outings than Mack was: he just wanted to be outside, until he was not feeling well, that last year of his life....

After going through years of turmoil, I am once again learning to listen to the grass grow..The times are different, but the listening is just as important... I can be in the back yard and listen to the grass grow...

I love the bushes, vines, trees and other plants that inhabit my yard.... I love the breeze, the smell, the citronella candles. Tonight, the moon does not show, but it has been bright earlier this week .... I love the sense of "camping out." I am blessed with that sense.....

Life is good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home