Friday, March 26, 2010

The Winds of Change

Well, I do not know what the winds of change are, necessarily... But I do know about the winds of Lubbock... Today was a wind storm day...  I learned about winds in Lubbock the first year I was in Lubbock.  It was December, I was in a 12th story office, and saw Styrofoam cups passing by....

Wind storms vary...Today was a windstorm that lifted fine silty grit in the air...The windstorm was predicted to last overnight until the next day. The fine silty grit is insidious.  I worked in a "sealed' building.   It got in....

Some windstorms start mid-morning, and go until sunset or there abouts.

Some windstorms are red.  I remember a three day windstorm, with winds so strong, the plate glass windows at the airport were blown out.

Some windstorms do not stop at night...They just keep going...

I saw a windstorm of rolling black dust blow in one time...

Windstorms can cause serious damage.  They can cause power outages. They can property damage. They move dirt from one place to another. They move tumbleweed. They move trash, cause automobile accidents, negative ions in the air. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home