Monday, November 01, 2010

The Danger of Ebilling

I recently experienced an outage of  internet service for my computer  from Suddenlink http://www.suddenlink.com/.  It was a simple fix: Suddenlink had updated their services, and my 8 year old modem could not accomodate their new signals. (I was not happy about this, but I understand.)

When I called in about my problem, Suddenlink "graciously" scheduled a visit by a technician (the first available appointment was 4 days in the future, but not compatible with my schedule, so I waited 5 days.) The technician walked in and saw the codes on my modem and diagnosed the problem:  I bought a new modem that night and was in business.

In a customer satisfaction survey, I explained my complaint that the phone technician could have told me the same information about my modem as the in home technician did, as all he did was look at the modem numbers...Suddenlink actually acknowledged this as something they could offer customers, and did agree to credit my bill the $6 I paid for service I did not get.

Well, in the process, I was without internet service for 6 days, on my secure network.. I did go to some public wifi sites and access things, but did not want to do bill pay, etc on non-secure lines.  So, what if I needed to bill pay or whatever while I did not have secure service?  

I am so much more sure that I want paper financial documents vs. all einteraction. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home