Monday, February 15, 2010

Great Backyard Bird Count

I enjoy birdwatching although I do less of it than I used to... When I walked Mack every day, a friend and I began watching birds every day...Life changes...And I do not walk every day, Mack has been dead for 12 years...(it seems like yesterday), and I do not do much birdwatching.

So, an acquaintance called last week and asked me to participate in the Great Backyard Bird Count.  A minimum of 15 minutes, anywhere, as many times a day as you want:  I did several times in my back yard.... It was neat:  I saw almost nothing, and I saw lots!  Hmmm.  

Llano Estacado Audubon Society this year is trying to have Lubbock be the most reported place in Texas...After I submitted my final report tonight, I checked the status, and Lubbock was on top. Great! That could change, reports are accepted until March 15... 

Get out and look at what is in your yard!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home