Sunday, June 27, 2010

Soccer

I am not a soccer fan per se, although I have watched a little of it.  When a friend's granddaughter was playing, I loved to watch the little kids play.  It was SO fun.


I will say, I watched part of the match between the USA and the United Kingdom. I do not remember this country spending as much time and attention on the international soccer championships as they have this year.  I think it is a good thing... The USA is so egocentric, we think everything revolves around us... It is good for there to be a competition in which we are small potatoes.

I know we have soccer teams that compete regularly, and many young people are much more involved with soccer than when I was going up.

I heard mention that in 1950, the USA actually and surprisingly beat the United Kingdom team.

I think it is great that there is that much interest in the International Soccer Championship.
http://www.fifa.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home