Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Isn't Modern Technology Wonderful?

Or is it?

When I purchased the Saturn Vue, I purchased On Star, which is an interestign option... It can offer many things:  electronic diagnostics, hands free phone, emergency call in, even GPS services... Some are included in, some optional and extra. 

I get a monthly diagnostic report, which has told me about need for oil change, low tire pressure, and recently, an emissions problem.  

Just this week, I took the car in for what I thought was a starter problem, but turned out to be a fuel pump problem. This was warranty work, required two days at the shop, and a loaner vehicle. On the way home from the dealer, the check engine light came on, and my monthly diagnostic arrived in email... I checked in with Onstar, they ran a diagnostic, and even offered to call the dealer for me!  Wow!  Well, it is a hassle, but I have another appointment to have the car serviced (under warranty.)

So, while On Star did not detect the original problem, it did detect a subsequent problem (and since it might be simply a loose wire, I am wondering if it happened during the repair work.)

Is technology wonderful, or this "Big Brother is Watching?"

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home