Saturday, August 07, 2010

Stories

When I was a little child, I remember being impatient at the talking and stories that my elders shared.  

When I became a teen and young adult, I began to enjoy listening to their stories.  Imagine what I missed by not listening as a child!

Now, I enjoy listening to people's stories: how they met as a couple, what brought them to prison, why they chose the line of work they chose.  I love stories.  I enjoy hearing people talk about themselves.

This is good, since as a social worker, one of my tasks is to do psychosocial evaluations that really are the story of patients' lives. 

But I am not limited to wanting to hear the stories about my patients.  I enjoy stories from other folks, too.  So, tell me your story...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home