Sunday, August 08, 2010

Oil spill

I have not commented on the BP Oil Spill because it churns my stomach to think about it... Now they have claimed to stop the spill and hopefully things will be getting better.  Let me say, first of all, whatever BP says I take with a grain of salt: I honestly do not trust the corporation. 

I am also not sure about the government pronouncements that the oil is being cleaned up the various interventions and bacteria...Not this quickly.  I think it is a hoax, and the government has taken a pay off by BP.

Mostly, when I think of this oil spill, I think of all the defenseless creatures who are exposed to this toxic matter and how can they survive, avoid, evade, what has been put into their home environment... It makes me sick  So I go into denial.

I think we need to re-think our policies of off-shore drilling, AND any drilling that threatens the environment. We are too cavalier about how we can interface with the environment.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home