Thursday, November 18, 2010

Taking Care of Colleagues

We recently went through some major computer upgrades of our electronic medical record, at work.  I was asked to be on the committee, serving as a liaison between the software people and staff.  It was a really good experience for me:  I learned a lot about the program we are using, it reduced MY anxiety about the change, many folks asked me about it and I could share information (and hopefully, reduce their anxiety) and it was a good change of pace for me.

Many of my colleagues are computer-challenged.  So things that someone else might experiment or explore are not tried, and they become stuck in difficult or unproductive ways of using the computer.  The fall out of my being the liaison has been that I am being asked questions that really do not have to do with the computer upgrade.  But, I am glad to be able to answer the questions, or at least seek out answers, when I do not know...Mostly, I am hopeful that I can help people use the electronic medical record more efficiently and effectively...

And, I will admit it, it is an ego boost for me... We all need ego boosts....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home