Sunday, November 21, 2010

TEA

I grew up in a household in which my parents drank coffee, but my mother also drank tea.  As the years went on, she drank tea more than she drank coffee, and finally pretty much drank tea.  She even had a punch recipe that included tea.

I drink tea.  I have consumed tea over the years, and even drank loose leaf tea.  I go through spells drinking tea. Sometimes I drink tea more often than others.  Lately, I have been drinking a lot of tea.  And I have been experimenting with many varieties.

Recently I wanted a new teapot, and went to the World Market to get one.  I looked at their selection of teas, and was disappointed: they basically had the same teas that I could get a supermarket or even Wal-Mart.  Someone told me ROSS sold teas, but they did not have much variety.

So, mostly I have been buying teas at the grocery store or Wal-Mart.  We do have one other store in town that might have a variety of teas.  I just have not made it there yet.

I have also stumbled upon a mystery series set in a tea shop, written by Laura Childs. http://www.laurachilds.com/  Her website includes tea resources.

I think tea must be rising in popularity at the present time.  Yesterday, when I went to Wal-Mart l browsed the tea section.  I was surprised.  There was much larger selection than there was about a month ago.  Several new brands. More varieties of brands that had been there. It was really interesting to note! 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home