Friday, November 19, 2010

Easy Listening

I frequently turn on the TV to have what I call "background noise."  It might be a show I am semi-interested in, but am doing something else while watching... I watch a lot of sports this way:  I am doing something else, and the sports is there is the background.  I only pay attention when the pitch and tone of the announcer tells me something exciting is happening...

On the other hand, if it is a show or sports that I am truly interested in, I usually engage in a handiwork project that allows me to concentrate on the show, while still doing something else that can be suspended when necessary to concentrate on the show.

I enjoy music, and have lots of music options:  records (and two turntables), cassettes, and CDS...Oh, and do not forget the music channels from cable... I rarely listen to those.  But I have found that I am increasingly interested in listening to those, especially when I am inside reading. 

Having other programming on interferes with my concentration when I try to write, but the background music allows me to think and write, for the blog, for example...

And, as I am reading and winding down for the night, the music helps me to relax.. I know this.. I just do not take advantage of it...

Some months ago, I was in the home of a most laid back and comfortable couple... They had easy listening music on the TV, very soft.  But there.  I realized that day, that that really did contribute to the environment.  I need to remember this....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home