Sunday, March 06, 2011

Prayer

I am not officially involved in an organized religion. But I do believe in the power of prayer. I live in a part of the world where "The Power of Prayer" was part of a weekly newscast. People in the part of the world sometimes wear their religion on their sleeve (but are no more free of human failings as anywhere else in the world.)

But I do believe in the power of prayer.  My niece told me to watch Shadowlands http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108101/ for the comment by C S Lewis about prayer, that it does not change God, but it changes him (paraphrased).

We are facing serious budget cuts in the State of Texas, which may impact employment, including my own. A coworker told me she prays about it. I have found that my prayer regarding my own circumstances has allowed me to reach a certain equanimity about the situation. 

Now, I realize, I need to pray for the recipients of government programs, that their well being will be considered and tended to during this time of budget cuts.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home