Saturday, March 27, 2010

A Day at My Own Pace

This was actually a very productive day.  I went to a workshop, looked at houses, went to an art gallery, went out to lunch, talked to friends, knitted, cleaned house, and did some paperwork, sending cards and letters.  I even watched a movie and some TV.

But, it was a day at my own pace.  The only things set in time were the workshop and the open houses.  But, with that I was able to just fit everything in.

The difference between this and a day of lazing around in regards to my mental attitude is amazing.  I feel so much more effective, productive and worthwhile...I am a creature who is goal oriented, and when I am lazing along, I tend to get mentally bogged down, and have trouble getting things done.

On the other hand, I was not in a struggle to get too much done, and face the mount of unending and pressing tasks that loom regularly at work... Being my own boss made it very pleasant and enjoyable.

I need more days structured at my own pace.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home