Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I hate Technology

I really do not hate technology, but find it frustrating and confusing.  Having said that, I have programed remote controls before, set up my wireless net work, and tonight, have started the process to have a digital converter box for my TV.  I waited until after the 12 inning Red Sox game, so got a late start.  I activated the converter box, and it says it may take up to 2 hours for it to be activated, so I may attempt it tonight, with the expectation that I will have to attempt to finish the set up tomorrow, early enough in the evening so I can call (live) tech support, if need be...Just thinking about this makes me want to cry.  Yet, everyone I know who has digital converter boxes tells me programming and using is very easy... I hope.

Other technical mysteries:  Some months ago, I could not spell check in English on my email.  I do not know why, it just would not happen.  I would set the default language to spell English, but all I got was French... After being frustrated at not having English spell check, I stopped trying to use it.. A few days ago, I tried it, and the English spell check had returned...

On February 7, 2010, I decided to start posting regularly.  Yet, I was frustrated, because I could not find the spell check.  I knew there should be a spell check button on the editing bar above the blogging area, but there was not.  I have been SO frustrated at the lack of spell check,  I tried changing all kinds of settings, but to no avail... I just did not have spell check.

Well, tonight, I opened up the blogging area to submit this blog about how I hate technology, and lo and behold, there is the spell check button....I wonder if I edit some older posts, it will show.. I will experiment, before I publish this, and let you know.

Ah yes, I only went back a few posts, but the spell check was there.  Project:  to go back to February 7, 2010, and spell check every post.  If I do two or three a night, it will not be bad.  I will let you know when I am done.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home