Thursday, May 20, 2010

Past Due Books

I prefer to check out books from the library than buy them.. I buy the books for my book clubs, and am now struggling with what to do with them:  try to sell them on line, donate them to the Friends of the Library book sale, or donate them to a second hand store supporting a local social service agency.

A couple of weekends ago, I check out 4 books at the library... I did not pay attention to their due date, and just started reading.  I finished a couple of books fairly quickly and turned them in... I got bogged down on the last book, as I wanted to read a book club book in between.. Meanwhile, I received a letter from the City of Lubbock Library that indicated that I had a book that was past due... It is a 7 day book that was not on the 7 day shelf, and did not have a 7 day sticker on it..Oh well, I will finish reading the book between tonight and Saturday morning, and turn it in... I do not mind paying the fine:  I want the library to have the benefit of my money to use for other books.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anita said...

Another option is to get involved with a book exchange type thing online. The only downside is that you'd have to pay for shipping but it could be an interesting way to find new books to read.

August 08, 2010 4:22 AM  
Blogger jnap said...

Half.com is a good book exchange. You can buy, or sell books, including text books for college students.

August 08, 2010 6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home