Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Passion or Indifference

There was a time in my life in which I was very passionate about things:  At one time in my life I was a die hard, passionate, follow it closely NASCAR fan.  I have been a Lady Raider basketball fan with similar zeal. I have been a passionate birdwatcher...And,  have probably been passionate about other things...

But I am at a phase in my life when passion does not prevail.  I can take or leave just about anything.  I watch NASCAR when it is convenient.  I attend Lady Raider basketball games with interest but no passion. I cheer. But I have no conviction for the team.

I still like my cats, I still like to read, I still like to learn, I still like to knit.  But at this time in my life, I have nothing about which I am passionate.  No social cause. No moral cause. No activity...

So, I think I am indifferent to the way of the world...I wonder about this mediocre caring state.  Is it okay?  Am I at risk of losing all caring?  Is it a survival technique to deal with life issues I am denying?  Am I so jaded about the world, that passion has no place? 

I do not know.  I am not sure I really care.  This is more of a rhetorical essay than a caring essay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home