Thursday, December 30, 2010

Power Outage

Last night, I fell asleep on the sofa.  That is not unusual, and I may do that during the week or on the weekends.  Sometimes, I wake up and go to bed; sometimes I stay on the sofa until morning...Frankly, either way, I get a good night's sleep... I have been a sofa sleeper since I was a preteen.  My parents hated the idea, but it was a reality that we all lived with. With some reluctance.

I remember when I went home for my father's funeral, and there was a full house in my childhood home, my sister expressed concern about where I would sleep... I told her the sofa was fine, and when she objected, my mother said I slept on the sofa when no one else was at the house, so of course, the sofa was fine...

So, last night, I started my night on the sofa.  I did not intend to fall asleep there, but I was reading and fell asleep reading... At some point in time, I woke up.  Only to find that there was a power outage at my house.  It was really weird:  The wireless ear piece for my cell phone was blinking.  The laptop was alive due to battery power. I found a flashlight (I keep many around the house), found the phone book, called the power company, and was assured that they were aware of the outage.  And, that they were working on repairs. 

I do not know when the repairs occurred...The power company told me they would call when the repairs were made.  They did not. It was not necessary.. The repairs were made...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home