Saturday, January 08, 2011

Silence

Sometimes, I can not blog because my brain is being so impacted by so many different messages and influences that I can not think straight nor can I concentrate... I understand that writers need some space, peace and quiet, if they are going to be able to write. 

We are surrounded with so much ambient noise, that we really do not always have the opportunity to think in quiet...Years ago, I wrote that one of my most favorite past times was to listen to the grass grow. In the last few years, I have not done that as much as I would have liked.  It is my own fault, but nevertheless, it is true that I enjoy listening to the grass grow...

After attending to the sports activities on the radio and TV that I was interested in today, I have shut the electronic media off.  The silence is calming, soothing, but overwhelming.. Does that make sense?  

Take time to listen to the grass grow, the silence, and the sound of your heart.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home