Sunday, May 02, 2010

Environmental Disaster

There is a huge oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico, the result of a off shore drilling rig accident. The spill has not been contained, and since I am avoiding the news stories about this, I do not even know if the spill has been stopped.  I know the slicks are not contained.

I have a difficult time thinking about this environmental accident.  I am sickened to think about out the wildlife that is being damaged and destroyed, and I am horrified to think of the impact of shore lines.  Does man have no concept on the horror we can inflict in our world?

Life lesson.  Consider the consequences, especially if something unintended happens... Even unintended, the consequences should be foreseen and guarded against.  As humans, we have a moral obligation to be aware and concerned about the environmental consequences of our actions.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home