Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day

Memorial Day weekend.  A friend and I were discussing our failure to fly flags on a regular basis, just waiting for holidays.  And we discussed the fact that there are Memorial Services for this holiday, although I have not attended any of them in Lubbock.

When  have been in Millers Falls, I made a point to attend the parade.  In years past, it was a grand thing, but as the years have passed, it has become less prominent... But the meaning and intent is there.

This year, in Lubbock, there are multiple ceremonies to attend.  Additionally, in commemoration of D-Day, the Silent Wings Museum http://silentwingsmuseum.org/ has a commemoration event for the weekend. 

I am so glad that our country supports, respects and acknowledges our military personnel. I may not agree with the military actions in which they are involved, but I want every person in the various military services: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard how very proud I am of them, how thankful I am of their sacrifices, and I hope I am worthy of their efforts.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home