Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Making Plans versus Being Spontaneous

I can be very spontaneous about activities, and sometimes am.  But, I know myself, and know that I do better if a I have a plan.  It does not need to be a detailed plan, but there has to be some semblance of an idea or possibility that the activity will occur, before I usually engage in the activity.

I think this is in keeping with my somewhat rigid sense of rules and right and wrong.  I can be flexible, and I understand about grey areas.  But I do not like to break rules, I like to do the right thing just because it is the right thing to do. 

But, if I am contemplating an activity, and have considered it for a while, when the time comes, I frequently act swiftly.  So, while that is not total spontaneity, I do act quickly and on what some might think impulse.  It is just that they do not realize how much mental energy I have already put into the activity.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home